Stay for the Planet: our Attention to Environmental Sustainability
Together with Best Western Italy, City Hotel Bologna has joined LifeGate project "Stay for the Planet", through which was mapped sustainable management across five areas of environmental impact: Energy, Water, Waste, Purchases and Behaviours.
Within each area, the facilities and services found in hotels were analyzed and highlighted, in addition to good behaviours taken to protect the environment.
The analysis also identified recommendations and actions that aim to improve the sustainability performance for years to come.
A new path is open for City Hotel Bologna, with greater awareness towards the planet and the choices of our customers.
Our Green Actions at City Hotel Bologna
- Each of our 90 rooms is equipped with an automatic temperature control system which can offer a more comfortable temperature and avoid the waste of heating and air conditioning.
- We are replacing the old bulbs with new energy-saving ones, preferring however the use of natural light to illuminate interior spaces.
- All our valves are equipped with water-saving technology.
- Each member of our staff follows the protocol for separate collection of waste and recycling.
- We pay particular attention to sustainable purchases. Our toiletries and detergents are chosen on the basis of eco-friendly standards.
- We constantly monitor the data on the consumption of energy, water, chemicals and waste products.
- We give our customers useful information for a more responsible and environmentally friendly stay.